• Skip navigation bar
  • Home page
  • Search

  • FAQ - Prescribed Courses

    Can I take my prerequisites at a community or junior college?

    Yes, courses taken at any regionally accredited undergraduate institution in the US are acceptable.

    Do you accept Advanced Placement (AP) or College Level Examination Program (CLEP) courses?

    AP, CLEP, distance learning and correspondence courses are all accepted if reported on an accredited college transcript.

    AP or CLEP credit is accepted only if the school granting the credit lists the specific course(s) and number of units granted per course on an official transcript. Lump sum credit is not accepted. If these do not appear on the transcript, an official letter from the registrar is required. 

    It is recommended that you follow your AP credit with higher level coursework.

    Do quarter credit hours count the same as semester credit hours?

    Credit hours earned on the quarter system carry two-thirds the numerical value of those earned on the semester system.

    3 quarter hours = 2 semester hours