Certification and Payment
Completing the Application Certification Statements and Entering Payment Information are the final steps before submitting your application. Before you submit, make sure you pause and download a copy of your application to review!
To view your application before you submit, go to the [Homepage] in your application profile and click on [EY2024] under the list of applications you have created. Make sure your browser's settings allow for pop-ups so that you can view the PDF and print to review before .
Your certification of these statements acknowledges your understanding that you will abide by and follow the Certification Statements. By electronically signing these statements, you signify that you have read this information as well as all other instructions throughout the application.
Applicants will review and agree to the following before submitting their application:
- I certify that the information in this application and all attachments are complete
and correct to the best of my knowledge and belief. I authorize the Texas Medical
and Dental School Application Service (TMDSAS) and any dental, medical, podiatric,
or veterinary school to which I am applying to verify the information I have provided.
- I further understand that this information will be relied upon by TMDSAS and officials
of the dental, medical, podiatric, and veterinary schools in determining my residence
status for admission and later for tuition purposes and that submission of false information
is grounds for rejection of my application, withdrawal of any offer of acceptance,
dismissal after enrollment, or rescission of any degrees granted.
- I certify that I will report to TMDSAS any event which occurs subsequent to filing
this application but prior to matriculation that would alter any answer provided on
my application. I understand that failure to do so is grounds for rejection of my
application, withdrawal of any offer of acceptance, dismissal after enrollment, or
rescission of any degrees granted.
- I further certify that all written passages, such as the personal statement, optional
essays, essays required of dual-degree applicants, and descriptions of employment/activities
are my own and have not been composed or generated by a third party. Quotations are
permitted if the source is cited.
- I have read, understand and agree to comply with TMDSAS Instructions, including the
statements that I am responsible for monitoring and ensuring the progress of my application
process, by frequently checking the [Status] page of my application. I also understand
that I am responsible for knowing and understanding the admissions requirements for
each school to which I am applying, and that I am not eligible for a refund of TMDSAS
fees if I do not meet the admissions requirements of the schools.
SCHOOL ADMISSION ACTIONS
- I understand that all actions on admission to a professional program are the prerogative
of each individual professional school.
- I understand that application irregularities are documented by TMDSAS and member schools
and are reported to the Association of American Medical Colleges, American Dental
Education Association, American Association of Osteopathic Medicine, Association of
American Veterinary Medical Colleges, American Podiatric Medical Association, and other appropriate professional organizations.
CRIMINAL BACKGROUND CHECKS
- I understand that, in accordance with the individual school's policy, some or all
TMDSAS participating schools require a criminal background check on applicants as
a condition of admission or matriculation.
SUBSEQUENT LEGAL OR INSTITUTIONAL ACTIONS
- I understand that I am required to notify TMDSAS and the Admissions Office of each
school to which I apply if I am charged, convicted of, plead guilty, or no contest
to a felony or misdemeanor crime after the date of my original application submission.
I understand that this notification must be in writing and occur within ten (10) business
days of the occurrence of the criminal charge or conviction. Failure to do so is grounds
for rejection of my application, withdrawal of any offer of acceptance, dismissal
after enrollment, or rescission of any degrees granted.
- I understand that I am required to notify TMDSAS and the Admissions Office of each
school to which I apply if I become the subject of an institutional action or state
licensure board action after the date of my original application submission. I understand
that this notification must be in writing and occur within ten (10) business days
of the occurrence of the institutional action. Failure to do so is grounds for rejection
of my application, withdrawal of any offer of acceptance, dismissal after enrollment,
or rescission of any degrees granted.
OCCUPATIONAL LICENSE STATEMENT
- Texas state law requires entities providing education programs that lead to an initial
occupational license to notify each applicant or enrollee: (1) that an individual
who has been convicted of certain criminal offenses may potentially render that person
ineligible for issuance of an occupational license upon completion of their educational
program; (2) of the current guidelines by an applicable licensing agency regarding
an individual’s ability to be licensed; (3) of any other state or local restriction
or guideline used by a licensing authority to determine eligibility of an individual
who has been convicted of an offense to be licensed; and (4) of the right to request
a criminal history evaluation letter from the applicable licensing agency. If an applicant
or enrollee is accepted to an educational program, that individual should contact
that institution should he/she need additional information or guidance.
- Texas public dental, medical, podiatric, and veterinary institutions are required
to develop and publish technical standards for the admission, retention, and graduation
of students, in accordance with legal requirements. I have reviewed and am aware of
the technical standards for each institution to which I have included in my [Select
Schools] page; furthermore, I understand that, in the event that I am unable to meet
the requirements, with or without reasonable accommodations, I may be unable to meet
the requirements of the degree.
RELEASE OF INFORMATION
- Any information published by TMDSAS that is related to dental, medical, podiatric,
and/or veterinary school applications is done so with aggregate statistics. TMDSAS
may also share personally identifiable data with peer not-for-profit organizations,
certifying boards, licensing bodies, and other organizations involved in health education
for research, eligibility determination, verification, and credentialing purposes.
- If I am accepted to one of the TMDSAS member schools, I hereby authorize the release
of information contained within or related to my application for admission to private
entities or individuals who award scholarships or other financial aid to students
attending that institutuion. I understand that by selecting 'Yes' and submitting this
page that I am providing my electronic signature to release the information in this
application for scholarship and financial aid purposes. I understand that NOT checking
the box below will prevent the release of this information for scholarship or funding
- The Texas Legislature requires all public institutions of higher education in Texas
to notify all new students about bacterial meningitis. Click this link to the required information that you must review and certify that
you have received.
- I understand that any medical school in which I enroll may release my relevant student
records to the AAMC for inclusion in the AAMC Student Records System (SRS), a secure,
centralized enrollment database on the national medical student population. Access
to SRS is limited to medical school administrators and select AAMC staff. The student
records released to the AAMC may include information about my enrollment status, attendance,
degree program, graduation plans, and demographic and contact information. Released
student records will not include information about my academic performance, such as
coursework grades or test scores. The AAMC uses SRS data for accreditation purposes,
data services, outcomes studies, program evaluations, research projects, and other
data activities in support of the medical education community and may release the
data to a limited number of third parties. All AAMC uses and release of data will
be consistent with the AAMC’s privacy policies. I have read and agree to the AAMC Release statement.
- Federal law requires that most male U.S. citizens (regardless of where they live), age 18-25, register with the Selective Service. Generally, any man who is required to register with Selective Service must do so to receive federal student aid, and numerous institutions require Selective Service registration to enroll publicly-funded institutions, or to qualify for state or institutional financial aid. The Veterans Health Administration requires Selective Service registration as an application requirement for males. While this requirement is not new, it is being rigorously enforced in VA Hospitals, so students who do not meet this requirement cannot participate in rotations at VA Hospitals. I understand that by checking this box that I am providing my electronic signature to certify that I have received notification about the importance of Selective Service registration.
Following the Certification Statements, you will proceeed to the Payment page. At the time of submission, you must provide $215 payment for the application. This fee is payable by credit card only.
- Application fee is not refundable under any circumstances.
Why was my payment declined?
There are several reasons your payment might fail. Please make sure you’re entering the correct payment information including your card number, the 3- or 4-digit security code (sometimes called a CVV number), the billing address, and the billing Zip code for the card you’re using.
If your payment continues to get declined, please contact your bank or credit card issuer for assistance.
Why is my card getting charged even though the payment was declined?
Credit card payments have two steps: 1) Authorization and 2) Capture.
- The Authorization step applies the initial charge your credit card and reduces the
available balance by the transaction amount.
- The Capture step checks the credit card information with the issuing bank. If the capture step is declined or fails, your bank voids the transaction and removes the hold applied to the balance.
You may see indications of these activities on your statement. Please contact your bank or credit card issuer if you have more questions.
I'm paying with a corporate card and need to enter a billing Zip code. What should I do?
If you’re using a corporate card to pay for your transaction, please make sure to enter the correct billing address and billing Zip code for that card. Contact your company for this information if necessary.
I'm paying with a gift card and need to enter a billing Zip code. What should I do?
Many gift cards need to be registered before they can be used for online transactions.
follow the activation instructions on the card, and then make sure to use the same Zip code when you provide your payment information.
My credit card was issued by a foreign bank, so I don't have a U.S. Zip code. What should I enter for billing Zip code?
If your card was issued by a foreign bank, please contact the bank for more guidance and information on what to enter in the Zip code field.
I live in another country that doesn't use Zip code. What should I enter for billing Zip code?
If your billing address is in a foreign country, please contact the bank that issued your card for more guidance and information on what to enter in the Zip code field.
- TMDSAS considers your application complete and will begin processing after the following have been received:
- Completed TMDSAS application, submitted online
- Application Fee
- Copy of Visa or Permanent Resident card (if applicable)